Level 1 Award in Employability Skills
Employability Skills Level 1
The Employability Skills qualification supports individuals in developing the skills and attitudes valued by employers
The Level 1 Award in Employability Skills qualification is made up from a minimun of 6 credits. Learners and tutors sit together and discuss the units available upon induction creating a programme that will suit the needs of the learner.
Learners will build a portfolio of evidence which will include: Assignment questions, worksheets, application forms, personal statements and CV with cover letters. Candidates are also given the opportunity to develop their ICT skills including: emailing, word processing and universal jobmatch skills. Files are internally assessed and externally assessed by an City and Guilds assessor.
Learners are required to complete an initial assessment which will determine the learner's strength and weaknessess. All learners will complete a skills health check, through The National Careers Service website, to identify skills and qualities. All learners will be given the opportunity to complete the followin online modules as part of their individual programme:
- Application Forms
- Applying for the Job
- CV writing OR Writing a CV
- Communication Skills
- Finding that Job
- Interview Techniques
- Motiviation and Confidence
- Planning Your Career
- Search for jobs
All candidates will ben offered one to one support throughout their programme.
All learners will complete the programme with the skills and abilities to:
- Develop and keep up to date CCV that is relevent to the learners needs
- Be able to identify their own strengths, weaknesses, skills and qualities
- Develop appropriate cover letters to accompany their CV
- Be able to fill in application forms and understand application form language
- Know where to look for jobs
- Identify job profiles and use them appropriately to apply for jobs
- Be able to use the universal jobmatch website
- Be able to apply for work via email
Upon completion all learners are given the opportunity to sit with an IAG advisor and discuss their next steps.